Birdsedge First is very much a school at the heart of the community it serves and community events have always been valued by the school.
This year, with gatherings and visitors to school being something we need to keep to a minimum, our community events have had to be planned to remain in school with the children. We hope that soon, when we are through the challenging times we face, that community events, with everyone involved, will be back bigger and better than ever. Here are the community events we have done or planned this year.
- Harvest Festival - held in school, supported by the local chapel and with donations collected for a local foodbank
- Spooky Day - a fun, spooky themed day for the children to enjoy in school
- Remembrance Day - a special service planned with children in school on the 11th
- Christmas Performance - a virtual Christmas Performance by the children in school and recorded to be shared with families
- Christmas Celebrations - Friends of Birdsedge are planning fun festive activities and celebrations for children to join in with in school
- Special Celebration Assemblies throughout the year led by local Reverends Joyce and Steph - this includes Christmas Collective Worship in December, Shrove Tuesday Celebration, Easter Celebration and Pentecost Celebration.
- May Day Maypole Celebration